Clove essential oil has been used for years as an aid in tooth and gum health. It’s been commonly used in dental preparations, as well as candy, as both a flavoring agent and a means to create a healthy smile. This oil has a reputation for its antioxidant properties, which can help improve cardiovascular health. It can even been applied to the skin for a relaxing and warming massage.
- Scientific Name: Eugenia caryophyllata
- Application: Aromatic, Topical, Internal, Dilute
- Plant Part: Bud
- Extraction Method: Steam distillation
- Aromatic Description: Warm, spicy, earthy, woody, musky
- Main Chemical Components: Eugenol