Eucalyptus oil is most widely recognized for its ability to invoke a sense of relaxation and for helping to open up the body’s airways for clearer breathing. Its purifying properties also make it an attractive cleanser, both for the skin and for the home. The oil itself is colorless, but has a distinctive taste and a pleasant aroma. This oil was not at first widely recognized for aromatic use – other oils have been used more extensively in folklore and ancient practices – but its numerous health benefits have led to increased exploration into the many applications of this amazing essential oil.
- Scientific Name: Eucalyptus radiata
- Application: Aromatic, topical
- Plant Part: Leaf
- Extraction Method: Steam distillation
- Aromatic Description: Light, airy
- Main Chemical Components: Eucalyptol, alpha-terpinol