Ginger is undoubtedly one of the most popular plants whose rhizome – the ginger root is very widely used. It serves as a spice but it could also be distilled to create a beneficial essential oil. This is a herbaceous perennial is known to grow its annual stems no more than a meter from the ground. The leaves are green and it has definitive,highly recognizable yellow flowers. The oil is widely used for its convenient health-enhancing properties.
- Scientific Name: Zingiber Officinale
- Application: Aromatic, topical, internal
- Plant Part: Root
- Extraction Method: Steam distillation
- Aromatic Description: Spicy, hot and distinctive
- Main Chemical Components: Alfa zingiberene and Beta sesquiphellandrene